Now in its 5th iteration, the 2020 Psychedelic Psychotherapy Forum // Vision & Visionaries is Canada’s premiere conference, facilitating dialogue and shared learnings about psychedelic-assisted therapies and research, including the ethical, cultural, indigenous and spiritual use of plant medicines and psychedelic substances for personal and collective healing and transformation.
Our forum and workshops offer continuing education credits for healthcare practitioners including psychologists, clinical counsellors, psychotherapists, nurses, and family physicians. >>> Newsflash! CE credits for Healthcare Professionals in California and other* U.S. states [* Please read details regarding this before registering]
We are currently planning to livestream this year’s three-day forum (Wed Oct 14 – Fri Oct 16) from a venue with world-class conference facilities, Vancouver Island Conference Centre on traditional, unceded, ancestral territories of the Snuneymuxw, in Nanaimo, British Columbia. Our post-forum workshops (by separate admission) have been scheduled for Oct 17 – 18, with three workshops now open for registration.
2020 FORUM PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS // Oct 14 – 16, 2020
- Decolonizing The Psychedelic Renaissance // Keynote Address by Claudia J. Ford, PhD
- Bridging Indigenous Wisdom and Western Psychotherapy // Françoise Bourzat, MA
- Psycholytic Therapy in Europe – Its History, Mechanisms and Recent Development // Torsten Passie, MD
- Psychedelics for Racial Trauma // Monnica Williams, PhD
- Where is the “medicine”? // Duncan Grady, D. Min, MS
- Ketamine for Depression and Spiritual Exploration // Raquel Bennett, PhD
- Vision for the Future of Psychedelic Psychotherapy // Stan Grof, MD; Brigitte Grof; Monnica Williams, PhD; and others
- Navigating Climate and Ecological Crisis with Psychedelics // Claudia Ford, PhD; Sam Gandy, PhD; Eleonora Molnar, MA
- Reconciliation/Rehabilitation of Therapists – Amid Ethical Transgressions // Britta Love, MA, Certified Somatic Sex Educator; Duncan Grady, D Min, MS
- 101 Red Flags: Exploring Ethical Breaches in Therapy // Pamela Kryskow, MD, and Kate Browning, RN
- Following a Path with Heart: Medicine Within // Jazmin Pirozek, MSc
- and more…
>>> For updated forum program descriptions, CLICK HERE.
POST-FORUM WORKSHOPS // Oct 17 – 18, 2020 >> Registration now open, for workshops below:
WHAT’S NEW FOR THE 2020 FORUM
Recognizing the rapidly shifting tides of the world landscape, we knew the 2020 Forum would need to evolve to reflect this pivotal time in human history. We see the potential of psychedelic use to envision a new way of life on Earth, in right relations with all her inhabitants. We aspire to help cultivate safer, justice-informed, inclusive communities of practice who are active in reconciliation, eliminating systems of oppression, and environmental stewardship.
Inclusivity & Representation
To further reflect this re-orientation, we’re offering a third day to the Forum event to create space for deep listening, reflection, learning and relationship building and visioning with speakers and guests who reflect the change that we want to see in the psychedelic community and beyond. This year, our intention is to make every effort to amplify less recognized voices in the psychedelic field, understanding that there continues to be an imbalance in who gets invited to the table. We’ll also be offering a dedicated safer space for BIPOC and LGBTQIA members of our community.
We’ll be opening up the 2020 Forum to the global psychedelic and healing community by offering a livestream viewing option, with the opportunity to gain Continuing Education credits remotely! This is an affordable, accessible option. Folks who purchase a digital ticket will be able to engage with each other and ask questions directly to our presenters. CLICK HERE for more info.
In line with our vision to make this forum as accessible as possible, we envisioned opportunities for folks to apply for scholarships to attend the forum. With the current pandemic and travel restrictions, we are now converting the in-person scholarships to virtual scholarships. So in lieu of 20+ in-person scholarships, we are now offering 60+ virtual scholarships to engage throughout 3 days of the forum on October 14th, 15th and 16th. Note that scholarship recipients will have 6 months to watch the video recording post-event. Priority will be given to folks with multiple barriers to access. CLICK HERE for more info.