Now in its 5th iteration, the 2020 Psychedelic Psychotherapy Forum // Vision & Visionaries — Oct 14 – 18 — is Canada’s premiere and most comprehensive conference, facilitating dialogue and shared learnings about psychedelic-assisted therapies and research, including the ethical, cultural, indigenous and spiritual use of plant medicines and psychedelic substances for personal and collective healing and transformation.
Our forum offers continuing education credits for healthcare practitioners including psychologists, clinical counsellors, psychotherapists, nurses, and family physicians. >>> Review specifics of CE credits here — for Healthcare Professionals in Canada and the U.S. [* Please read details regarding this before registering]
We live-streamed this year’s three-day forum (Wed Oct 14 – Fri Oct 16) from a venue with world-class conference facilities, Vancouver Island Conference Centre on traditional, unceded, ancestral territories of the Snuneymuxw, in Nanaimo, British Columbia. Our virtual post-forum workshops (by separate admission) have been scheduled for Oct 17 – 18, with two workshops open for registration.
POST-FORUM WORKSHOPS [By Separate Admission] // Sat Oct 17 & Sun Oct 18, 2020 >> Registration now open, for workshops below:
2020 FORUM PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS // Wed Oct 14 – Fri Oct 16, 2020
- Decolonizing The Psychedelic Renaissance // Keynote Address by Claudia J. Ford, PhD
- Bridging Indigenous Wisdom and Western Psychotherapy // Françoise Bourzat, MA
- Micro-dosing dialogue with… // Torsten Passie, MD; and Paul Stamets, DS (Hon)
- Psychedelics for Racial Trauma // Monnica Williams, PhD
- Where is the “medicine”? // Duncan Grady, D. Min, MS
- Ketamine for Depression and Spiritual Exploration // Raquel Bennett, PhD
- Vision for the Future of Psychedelic Psychotherapy // Stan Grof, MD; Brigitte Grof; Anja Loizaga-Velder, PhD; and others
- Navigating Climate and Ecological Crisis with Psychedelics // Claudia Ford, PhD; Sam Gandy, PhD; Geraldine Manson; Eleonora Molnar, MA
- Reconciliation/Rehabilitation of Therapists – Amid Ethical Transgressions // Duncan Grady, D Min, MS; Julia Menard, MEd, Cert Con Res; Gordon White, MBA, Cert Con Res
- 101 Red Flags: Exploring Ethical Breaches in Therapy // Pamela Kryskow, MD, and Kate Browning, RN
- Following a Path with Heart: Medicine Within // Jazmin Pirozek, MSc
- and more…
WHAT’S NEW FOR THE 2020 FORUM
Recognizing the rapidly shifting tides of the world landscape, we knew the 2020 Forum would need to evolve to reflect this pivotal time in human history. We see the potential of psychedelic use to envision a new way of life on Earth, in right relations with all her inhabitants. We aspire to help cultivate safer, justice-informed, inclusive communities of practice who are active in reconciliation, eliminating systems of oppression, and environmental stewardship.
Inclusivity & Representation
To further reflect this re-orientation, we offered a third day to the Forum event to create space for deep listening, reflection, learning and relationship building and visioning with speakers and guests who reflect the change that we want to see in the psychedelic community and beyond. This year, our intention is to make every effort to amplify less recognized voices in the psychedelic field, understanding that there continues to be an imbalance in who gets invited to the table.
>> In Living Color Virtual BIPOC Space
Centering the needs & voices of Black, Indigenous, People of Color, the In Living Color Virtual BIPOC Space is a space designed by and for BIPOC participants, providing a refuge for people to gather, connect, rest, and share in the celebration of our lineages & lived experiences. The In Living Color Virtual BIPOC space is also a place for BIPOC participants to access emotional and energetic support throughout the duration of the conference by way of Amanda David and Mandana Boushee, (BIPOC Herbalists and facilitators of the In Living Color Space.) To read more about details and to access resource links, as well as contact information, CLICK HERE.
>> Debrief Safer Space
This virtual space offered psychological support throughout the conference.
We opened up the 2020 Forum to the global psychedelic and healing community by offering a livestream viewing option, with the opportunity to gain Continuing Education credits remotely! This was an affordable, accessible option. Folks who purchased a digital ticket were able to engage with each other and ask questions directly to our presenters.
In line with our vision to make this forum as accessible as possible, we envisioned opportunities for folks to apply for scholarships to attend the forum. With the current pandemic and travel restrictions, we converted the in-person scholarships to virtual scholarships. So in lieu of 20+ in-person scholarships, we were able to offer 60+ virtual scholarships to engage throughout 3 days of the forum on October 14th, 15th and 16th. Note that scholarship recipients will have 6 months to watch the video recording post-event. Priority was given to folks with multiple barriers to access.