Now in its 5th iteration, the 2020 Psychedelic Psychotherapy Forum // Vision & Visionaries is Canada’s premiere conference, facilitating dialogue and shared learnings about psychedelic-assisted therapies and research, including the ethical, cultural, indigenous and spiritual use of plant medicines and psychedelic substances for personal and collective healing and transformation. Our forum and workshops offer continuing education credits for health practitioners including psychologists, clinical counsellors, psychotherapists, nurses, and family physicians.
We are currently planning to livestream this year’s three-day forum (Wed Oct 14 – Fri Oct 16) from a venue with world-class conference facilities, Vancouver Island Conference Centre on traditional, unceded, ancestral territories of the Snuneymuxw, in Nanaimo, British Columbia. Our post-forum workshops (originally scheduled Oct 17 – 18) are currently subject to change; please stay tuned for updates by June/July.
2020 FORUM PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Decolonizing The Psychedelic Renaissance // Keynote Address by Claudia J. Ford, PhD
- Bridging Indigenous Wisdom and Western Psychotherapy // Françoise Bourzat, MA
- Psycholytic Therapy in Europe – Its History, Mechanisms and Recent Development // Torsten Passie, MD
- Psychedelics for Racial Trauma // Monnica Williams, PhD
- Where is the “medicine”? // Duncan Grady, D. Min, MS
- Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy // Raquel Bennett, PhD
- Vision for the Future of Psychedelic Psychotherapy // Stan Grof, MD; Brigitte Grof; Monnica Williams, PhD; and others
- Psychedelics & The Climate & Ecological Crisis
- Legalization, Medicalization, Decriminalization of psychedelic and plant medicines.
- Ethics and Boundaries
- Underground Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy
POST-FORUM WORKSHOPS (Separate Admission) include…
- Psychedelic Psychotherapy: The Insights of Stanislav Grof // Led by members of Grof Legacy Training – Canada, with special guests Stan Grof, MD, and Brigitte Grof, Dip. Psychologist [This link is being updated and will be available in a few days]
- Neuromeditation // Heather Hargraves, MA, Certified Neuromeditation Instructor
- To Come Into Being: Sacred Plant Medicines and Health Justice // Claudia Ford, PhD
- Psycholytic Therapy: Theory, Mechanisms and Practical Aspects // Torsten Passie, MD
- Integrating Ayahuasca into Life Changes // Anja Loizaga-Velder, PhD; Armando Loizaga Pazzi, BS, CCDCR
>> Note: Registration is now open for the 3-day Forum only. Please see registration page for more information. Registration details for the post-forum workshops are pending (depending on whether we are able to host “live” or “virtual” events) – please stay tuned for updates by mid July.
WHAT’S NEW FOR THE 2020 FORUM
Recognizing the rapidly shifting tides of the world landscape, we knew the 2020 Forum would need to evolve to reflect this pivotal time in human history. We see the potential of psychedelic use to envision a new way of life on Earth, in right relations with all her inhabitants. We aspire to help cultivate safer, justice-informed, inclusive communities of practice who are active in reconciliation, eliminating systems of oppression, and environmental stewardship.
Inclusivity & Representation
To further reflect this re-orientation, we’re offering a third day to the Forum event to create space for deep listening, reflection, learning and relationship building and visioning with speakers and guests who reflect the change that we want to see in the psychedelic community and beyond. This year, our intention is to make every effort to amplify less recognized voices in the psychedelic field, understanding that there continues to be an imbalance in who gets invited to the table. We’ll also be offering a dedicated safer space for BIPOC and LGBTQIA members of our community.
We’ll be opening up the 2020 Forum to the global psychedelic and healing community by offering a livestream viewing option, with the opportunity to gain Continuing Education credits remotely! This is an affordable, accessible option. Folks who purchase a digital ticket will be able to engage with each other and ask questions directly to our presenters. CLICK HERE for more info.
In line with our vision to make this forum as accessible as possible, we envisioned opportunities for folks to apply for scholarships to attend the forum. With the current pandemic and travel restrictions, we are now converting the in-person scholarships to virtual scholarships. So in lieu of 20+ in-person scholarships, we are now offering 60+ virtual scholarships to engage throughout 3 days of the forum on October 14th, 15th and 16th. Note that scholarship recipients will have 6 months to watch the video recording post-event. Priority will be given to folks with multiple barriers to access. CLICK HERE for more info.